As you will already be aware, we live in a very humid environment at times and damp air can cause a lot of problems as mould spores thrive in damp parts of your home. Any location that traps moisture, such as wardrobes, cupboards, linen closets, pantries, sheds, boats and other enclosed spaces, will encourage the formation of harmful mould. Whether living in the dripping humidity of the tropics or the cold fog of temperature and mountainous regions, we have all known the musty odors and mildew over our clothes and shoes. A Cynebar dehumidifier can be a useful appliance to help provide a solution to some of these common issues.
How our dehumidifier works
Our dehumidifier has a element that gently warms the air and dries the air. The warmer air also expands thus rising up and out of the storage area. This continuous process keeps the moisture and stale air out. As mould seeks moisture it is not likely to stick around and your valuables are now protected as well as deterring pests like cockroaches and fleas out of your storage area.
Nice and simple,
- no drip tray to worry about
- no replacing with dry packs
- no replacing crystals
So how can you choose the right wattage/unit for you?
Simply measure the height, width and depth of storage area in meters, some helpful conversions are 100 centimeters = 1 meter and 40 inches = 1 meter.
For example a typical home cupboard measuring 2.5 m Height x 2 m Wide x 0.5 m Depth is 2.5 cubic meters, so a higher 60 Watt dehumidifier is suitable.
1 cubic meter – Part number : CYN1100003 – 25 Watt 240 V with 2 m lead fitted
2 cubic meters – Part number : CYN1100004 – 40 Watt 240 V with 2 m lead fitted
3 cubic meters – Part number : CYN1100005 – 60 Watt 240 V with 2 m lead fitted
This may sound like a complicated procedure to go through, and admittedly it can be quite tricky if you don’t know exactly what you are looking for. We pride ourselves on having a team of experts who will be happy to point you in the right direction. Simply contact us at cynebar.com.au or call us on (07) 3252 4257 and let us know what your needs and requirements are and we will match you up with a product that suites you, helping guarantee customer satisfaction.
Get the most from your unit
There are a few important things to remember when setting up your dehumidifier to make sure you get the best possible gains:
- Choose the right wattage for storage size.
- Keep all doors and windows closed.
- Enclosed area does not need to be sealed, vents at top and bottom work well, but remove unnecessary items from the area for better circulation.
- If you have some shelves, try ventilating them by drilling some 10 mm – 20 mm holes
- Wire shelves work well.
Why should I choose a Cynebar Dehumidifier?
- Cynebar have been in the industry for over 38 years.
- You know that when purchasing one of our dehumidifiers you are getting an outstanding product
- Easy to install that you can simply plug into a 240 Volt GPO and forget!
- Robustly designed with a rust-resistant, stainless steel body, the cupboard heater is maintenance free.
- All of our dehumidifiers are rust-proof and guaranteed for 5 years. We feel this commitment shows our confidence in our products, outlining the importance we place on total customer satisfaction.
- Low Consumption and operating costs and no need to replace with drying packs, crystals or emptying a drip tray.
- And most importantly, our dehumidifier is Australian designed, manufactured, tested and approved in Australia to Australian electrical and safety standards.